Monday, July 27, 2009

Beauty icon: Sharon Tate




















Lately I've been smitten with the style of the Swinging Sixties - the bouffant hair, the mini shift dresses, long lashes, and nude lips. Sharon Tate was a woman who embodied this look - her beauty is timeless.

Valley of the Dolls is a rather iconic book; I read it last year and couldn't put it down! I recently watched the film and was disappointed because, well it wasn't very good. There was no structure or character development, but visually it was beautiful, and I can appreciate it from that aspect. I'm inspired by the living doll style and have been wearing mini dresses and platform heels all summer.

"My definition of love is being full. Complete. It makes everything lighter. Beauty is something you see. Love is something you feel." - Sharon Tate


No comments: