Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rodate for Target


Rodarte will be releasing a limited edition collection for Target this winter, and if you ask me it's mistake. Let me preface this by telling you I am a HUGE Rodarte fan, massive. But I think the brand is much too young to dilute itself and sell to the masses, all while remaining in the luxury category. I highly doubt middle American cares for Rodarte. If the sisters are strapped for cash, a smarter route would have been designing a capsule collection for Topshop or even H&M - at least that way they wouldn't have to sacrifice on design by watering down and over-editing.

To be honest I'm a little scared of what the mass version of these BEAUTIFUL knit/bandage combos will look like. I think it is going to look so sad on a cheap plastic hanger.

Is everyone forgetting the Alexander McQueen for Target collection? Hideous! An example of a true artist trading dollars for vision. It really speaks to the times, doesn't it?

No comments: