Friday, July 24, 2009

A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future - Coco Chanel


If this is true, then I am absolutely destined for success - I have more than 15 different fragrances, and look to each to suit certain moods and time of day. Is it necessary to own so many perfumes? Probably not - but I really do love how a certain smell can take you places clothes just can't.

I can't possibly tell you what my signature scent is, because I have about 3 that move in rotation throughout the week. I always look to YSL's In Love Again for day - but I use sparingly because it's discontinued and my 100 mL bottle is half gone. It's a great scent though - light & summery. My other favourite is Miss Dior Cherie - it is irresistable & yummy (notes of strawberry, apple, and sugary popcorn), that and I'm a sucker for a beautiful advert campaign (Sofia Copploa is among my favourite directors and I just love the Parisian delight influence). For a hot night out I love a spritz of MAC's MV2 (if you love Vanilla, then this is the scent for you) - plus it is a small size so you can throw it in your bag.

I haven't smelled Marc Jacobs' Lola yet, because it isn't out in Canada yet, but as the sister parfum to Daisy, I'm sure it'll be delicious. And would you just look at that bottle? Beautiful.


No comments: