Friday, July 24, 2009

Mama was an ex-showgirl



It's really no secret that it is my secret wish to be a showgirl, if for no other reason than to dress head-to-toe in sequins, jewels, and feathers. The Blonds are the go-to designers for custom pieces that ooze that kind of sex appeal reserved for unafraid, too-hot-to-trot, come hither types. I don't know what it is but I instantly gravitate towards this kind of beauty; maybe it's my love for retro pin-ups and 20's flappers.

David and Philippe Blond are a force to be reckoned with, and although I personally find some of the pieces to border on tacky, I just can't resist a bustier created of silver chains, spikes, and sparkle. www.TheBlondsNewYork.com

P.S. Rihanna looks gorgeous in her Blonds showstopper, but that headpiece is entirely questionable. Other celebrity clientele include: Dita Von Teese, Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera.


No comments: